Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quick Cleanse Detox System

Tomorrow starts my 15 day detox. I am really looking forward to it and every time I have done it in the past (this should be my 6th time over the last few years I think) I have never felt deprived and somehow have managed to drop a few kilos whilst doing my digestive system the biggest kindness. This could not have come at a better time. With 3 weeks holiday (2 weeks here in Australia then a short weekend break with PPP back in the Middle East) it should be a breeze, plus I have the luxury of access to some of the best fresh produce here compared to back in the sandpit so I am going to lap it up and enjoy it whilst not having the pressure of work to perform.

The detox system, involves taking herbal supplements throughout the day to assist your bowels, stomach and liver to eliminate toxins as well as a diet of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and seeds and nuts with NO animal proteins or dairy. Although there is not a huge emphasis on the diet requiring you to eat RAW, this time I would like ramp it up a notch and see how I fare with an increase in RAW compared to previous detoxes.

I have always felt amazing after a cleanse of this nature, and have even been known to half a 15 day course with a friend or partner to keep costs down and to give my body a taste of the detox without having to do the full course. Even just the recipes on the manufacturers website are enough to whet your appetite. I'll keep you updated with my progress.

3 readers decided to share their thoughts:

Kristen's Raw said...

I can't wait to hear all the juicy details!!!

Miss you SS!

Unknown said...

Good Luck! Love your blog...I can just travel through you...

Casey Lorraine Thomas said...

Let me know how you go... I did this about 10 years ago but didn't get any great results. Mind you I was loving the oatmeal porridge back then and didn't realise it was gluey glue glue in the body.

Have fun at home!

Casey