Friday, June 5, 2009

Adoptee #2

Whilst Greensies prepares for her two little darlings (and my god daughters) in August complete with double pink pram I am busy about enjoying my own little arrival complete with pink accessories.


How could you not love a face like this!? A mixed breed terrier who was abandoned and requires lots of love but gives lots back in return.


With plenty of volunteers offering to look after her when I have to go away as she has just a lovable and easy going personality. With an afternoon dog walking group meeting close by, I am looking forward to more incidental exercise and meeting other like minded animal lovers. Lucy has already made fast friends with my friend's bigger desert dog, so puppy day care with each of them could also be an option as well.

On the plus side she is a lap dog who is completely toilet trained and fits through my cat flap to go outside. On the down side, I really hope Sam the cat is ok with the new addition to our animal family, but will have to reinforce to him that he really is the Top Cat. So far so good. Sam comes to me for cuddles still whilst Lucy barks him away and they both have lots of fun chasing each other back and forth on the front lawn.

What kind of breed do you think Lucy might be?

5 readers decided to share their thoughts:

JIM JAM SANDWICH said...

She looks so cute, and especially loving the pink bowls!! xx

Girl on Tour said...

Ok ok ok, I think Molly is just as cute hehe x

Liv Bambola said...

Awwww! He's gorgeous! =) Dogs do it for me every single time! And from the photos it looks like they get along ok. Well, better than we brought a kitty home, our dog almost ate her for breakfast!

Thank you SO so much for your lovely comments (all three of them =P). It's good to keep those things in mind, as hard as it may be. Everything will work out, I know that...now.

Xxx

Carrie Nicole said...

YAY! Congrats! What a sweet pea :)

I have to say, the fact that your cat isn't running and hiding and is letting the dog get close and chasing the dog too is a fabulous sign! I think you'll find they will become good friends.

My westie Abigail and one of my kitties Spook are the best of friends!

She almost looks like a white Pom mix or a chi/papillion mix OR American Eskimo mix :)

Girl on Tour said...

Hey Carrie! I thought Pom/chih mix also! She doesn't have the yappy temperament of a chih and not as fluffy as a pom. Oooh I love her!