Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Free to Good Home - MY HOME!

I have a new cat. His name is Sam. He is 1 year old and was abandoned and rescued by my friend who kindly declined to keep him due to owning 6 already. Cue me to play the good Samaritan. Not really a cat person, rather a dog person, it has challenged me from the minute he arrived, as I rarely see the fella as he is loves to hide under my bed or in the shower, much to my boyfriend’s delight the other morning when half asleep he turned on the tap to hear and see Sam take off. His meow gives homage to the saying “sounds like he strangled a cat” and he does nothing other than eat or sleep (and leave stinky gifts for me in the litter).

I have hope he will come good, and last night we made progress as he jumped up beside me on the couch and snuggled (albeit violently slamming into my side). He still doesn’t like me to come to him though. We will see how it goes.

4 readers decided to share their thoughts:

EmBelISH said...

OMG
it's Grunty!!!

GirlonTour said...

Oooh who is Grunty? A pet from your past?

Anonymous said...

Cats are snobs. Let him come to you :P

Anonymous said...

Black cats are good luck. He will come in his own time - cat attitude equals love.