Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 Reasons To Go RAW (or increase your intake)

After a lazy morning of lying in and making a gorgeous Green Smoothie, PPP and I discussed what changes we had really noticed in our 5 weeks of being vegan and stepping up our RAW food intake.

For those of you curious to make similar changes and what benefits can you expect, even just by having a Green Juice or Smoothie once a day, these are a few great points on what we have experienced so far:

Increased Energy - I used to wake up in the mornings feeling grumpy and tired and I have never been a morning person but now my energy is more consistent and I don't feel like I need a nana nap at 3pm in the afternoons. My workouts are harder at the gym.

Clearer skin - My dry patches on my elbows and both our faces are looking fresher and not so dry considering it is winter and usually the time of year your body becomes thirsty for moisture. Spots have been less too.

Weight loss - now I know it hasn't been very long of being vegan for us both, but I have been stepping up my RAW intake gradually over the last few months, most notable this last month. I have already started to show more definition in my body all over, and my clothes are looking looser with a couple of comments already that I have lost weight. Being a guy, PPP was mainly concerned with losing too much weight and retaining his muscle definition, but apart from an initial drop of 1 or 2 kgs so far, he has managed to maintain his weight, and he is getting more definition in conjunction with both our weight training sessions.

Less Anxiety - my occasional anxiety and stress attacks (not severe anyway) have made way for a much more chilled state of being.

A general feeling of lightness - goes for both of us. After big meals of cooked meat or starchy foods, you can tend to feel full and fall into a food coma shortly afterwards on your couch. However with this change in my diet, I never feel full or hungry. It is great!

Perfect diet for travellers! I am finding that I don't just sit down for a meal at the prescribed times we have been programmed to think we need to eat at. I just eat when I am hungry and graze throughout the day. Perfect for us flighties* when working and don't have long to eat, but have a whole day on your feet. Vegie sticks, nuts, dried and fresh fruit, help keep you going.

Much clearer thinking

Less hunger pangs during the day

No calorie counting


No sickness - when everyone else around us has been dropping like flies with winter colds, flus and viruses, we have remained healthy and vibrant! No sick days for us!

Are you RAW and if so, what are some other benefits you have noticed?

*Flight attendants


Photobucket

6 readers decided to share their thoughts:

Liv Bambola said...

Raw icecream!? Wow! I wonder how it tastes!

Icecream is my one vice. JUST love it.

Kristen's Raw said...

Awesome post!!!

Have a great week :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I agree on everything! Unfortunately I have trouble choosing healthy when I travel. Not only do I fight a junk food addiction, but I am too easily entranced by food stands and the smells from restaurants.

Facecrowd said...

Great post..i wish i could convert..but i know it's difficult..sigh..

Casey Lorraine Thomas said...

Nice work! Glad you're enjoying all the benefits :)

Casey

Fida said...

Great post! You don't have to convince me! I am pretty much raw (unless I travel - there, sometimes I am a p... - I always have a bottle of enzymes with me:)

How easy or how difficult is it to be raw on flights?

Actually, that questions would belong to the latest post :)