Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And I thought I DIDN'T like Salad!!!

I have just polished off a whole bowl of salad, and I want more! This is crazy, as trying to increase my amount of RAW living food as much as I decrease the DEAD cooked food I am eating, I set myself up for the belief that I would have to get most of my nourishment from my smoothies and juices. However today has proven me wrong....

This salad is so simple yet so delicious either on it's own or as a side.
  1. 2 avocados chopped
  2. 3 Ripe Tomatoes chopped
  3. Half a head of Romaine or Cos Lettuce chopped
  4. 1 Spanish Onion chopped
  5. Apple Cider vinegar to taste with a pinch of black pepper and 1/3 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
Toss it all in a bowl and I dare you to tell me you don't just love it!

Also nice rather than chopping the lettuce, wrap the mixture up in a leaf and eat it like a wrap...YUMMO!

9 readers decided to share their thoughts:

Liv Bambola said...

=O How could you not love salad? It's just fantastic!!

We have ours with olive oil, white wine vinegar & salt... we call it the Nonna Salad cause that's how she makes it... =) Lettuce & cucumber is a great combination too

Glad you've come over from the dark side... as far as salads go anyway

Traytable said...

Mmm... yes this is a classic we have a lot during summer, the spanish onion is great even on a sandwich with cheese... can you eat cheese when you eat raw food?

Girl on Tour said...

I have some even better dressings to try out care of my Raw food pal Kristen as well.

As for the cheese Tray, well I am now Vegan which means NO animal products including dairy and eggs so NO GO on the cheese :(

Anonymous said...

Much before I knew anything about "raw" food, I had always adored salads and could easily eat more than my fair share. This one is simple and simply delicious.

I'm curious, what was it you didn't like about salad before this one?

Girl on Tour said...

Ok Ingrid perhaps I haven't always disliked salads! I think it is just I have become way more conscious of what I am eating and getting crazy excited over the pure deliciousness of whole foods. To be honest, I have periods where I detest salad and that is usually after periods of not eating it for a while (usually following junk food binges)where I don't have that taste for it. But once I force it back into me, I get the taste for it once more. Make sense? I have confused myself too :D

Casey Lorraine Thomas said...

Yuuummm!!! I make that EXACT salad all the time...great minds and all ;)

Becka Robinson said...

MMMM...that sounds so good! I can eat bowls and bowls of salads too! I'm sure the amount I can eat takes it from healthy to gluttonous! HaHA.

Tabitha said...

Thanks so much on your input. Maybe we'll trade some learning tips. :)

Kristen's Raw said...

You ROCK, SEXY VEGAN GIRL on Tour!

I love salads, too! Big bowl of pure fresh goodness always make me feel on top of the world!!!

Cheers,
Kristen