Friday, November 21, 2008

Artist Impression of a Flight Attendant

One of my most treasured mementos and now a wall hanging in my house, is a caricature one of my bored passengers in the front row created of me on a Perth to Melbourne leg circa 2004. I had no idea what he was doing when shortly after take off, as I resumed my duties preparing for our first service of the flight, he started shuffling around in his belongings for his sketchpad and pencil. Approximately 5 hours later, he presented me with this.....

It now takes pride of place on my living room wall in a lovely wooden frame. Very cool.

Photobucket

12 readers decided to share their thoughts:

Fida said...

That's soooo cool! There are nice passangers out there!

Carrie Nicole said...

that's so cool!!! what a lovely drawing.

still in awe of your travel adventures. so cool! i applied to be a flight attendant after college, but i was too short as per the shoes off now reach that piece of tape up on the wall test :(

GirlonTour said...

I know there are definitely nice pax out there aren't there!

Carrie - every airline seems to have different rules on height and I have had friends that are definitely too short but made sure they always wore heels high enough to reach the overhead bins...it doesn't seem to be such a problem nowadays...oh and I think secretly EVERY girl has held that dream somewhere.

Aash - I saw your comment and somehow accidentally deleted it...it has disappeared into cyberspace...please come back!

GirlonTour said...

Oops silly me Aash! It was on my last post.

Anonymous said...

That's cool, I want one!

Blondie said...

That picture would soooo be my favorite thing!

Sky High Boy said...

Ahhh don't ya love the uniform! =D

Becka Robinson said...

That's awesome!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

quite a darrrling picture indeed!
Great new week to you...
;)

Kristen's Raw said...

That is so cool! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Something totally off topic but has to be addressed !

I LOVE THE FACT YOU CHANGED THE FONT !!!! TIMES NEW ROMAN IS FOR DORKS !

and I want on of those drawings too !

GirlonTour said...

LOL! My other geek friend advised me to change it last night (I knew you would pick up on it Airboy!)

He has offered to give my blog a bit of a facelift in order to TALK me out of getting a MAC...hmmm I think I still want one.