Saturday, November 8, 2008

Two Wonders of the World in One Week

How lucky am I? I had no idea I would be seeing two such wonders in under a week without any plan to.

Here is the view from my aircraft window the other day on my way to work. What a fluke it was such a clear day and my camera was able to zoom into it so clearly.

This, my friends, is Mount Everest from my office window. The whole of the flight over the Himalayas was so breathtaking and spectacular I wanted to be dropped down, albeit gently, and forget about the world. Maybe Base Camp is next to go on my list of THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE.

Will put pictures up shortly of the other wonder I managed to visit today. It involved a lot of walking and climbing. Any ideas? ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 readers decided to share their thoughts:

Sky High Boy said...

Hmm are you sure that's not from a postcard?? It looks too clear to be from an aircraft window! Lol!

UpUpnAAway said...

What a spectacular picture, Are we not lucky to have an "Office" with a view!!!

GirlonTour said...

I know,I know, I took a million pics and this was the best one would you believe. No flash makes a big difference plus I had to zoom in quite a bit as the mountain was quite a fair way away.

And yes we ARE very lucky. Seven years on and I still pinch myself to see if it is true what I get to do for a living.

:)

Casey Lorraine Thomas said...

Looks incredible! Can you hide me in there somewhere with you so I can looky see for real?? I do miss living in London for easy fulfillment of the travelling bug....live it for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Wall of China?? :)

I'm guessing your aircraft flies a little lower than mine *wink*

Liv Bambola said...

wow! That is absolutely amazing! I love the way you say it's the "view from your office window".

What a fantastic view...glad you got to see it :) x

Sky High Boy said...

I should make an effort to take some pictures instead of chatting up people. Its quite gorgeous flying cross country! lol!

Fida said...

Oh-my-gosh! Powerful. I flew once from Varanasi to Kathmandhu with just about 40 people on the plane. When the pilot announced Mount Everest on the left side of the plane everybody on the right side went up at once and literally jumped over to the other side - which made the plane dip. Instantly the pilot jelled at us to go back to our own seat. But the view that day was by far not as clear as yours obviously was.

GirlonTour said...

Tray, I asked the pilots in the business lounge last night the range of our aircraft. The said our top height is about 51,000FT. Is that lower than yours?

:)

Anonymous said...

Hehe... maybe not. I forgot my airplane-geek knowledge on planes like yours :P